In an ongoing demonstration of the credit union philosophy, people helping people, LLCU supports charitable organizations in the communities where our members work and live. LLCU receives many solicitations for donations, volunteer support and community sponsorships. The following provides a guideline for how requests are handled. These guidelines will not cover every possible request, special need or opportunity, therefore, LLCU may make exceptions in granting contributions or community sponsorships.
LLCU makes contributions to non-profit organizations that serve the communities in which the majority of our members and potential members work or live. In general, support is given to organizations which provide for the health, education (including art and culture) and welfare needs of our members and potential members.
LLCU considers for sponsorship only those civic, recreational or charity events, programs and directories located within our member service area. By sponsorship, LLCU will in turn be guaranteed published advertising or public name recognition from the organization or group requesting sponsorship.
- All requests for sponsorship must be made in writing to the Marketing Department using the LLCU Application for Donation or Sponsorship form. Completion of the Donation or Sponsorship Application in no way represents a guarantee of donation or sponsorship.
- All applications must be submitted no later than 15 days prior to the event.
- The Credit Union will meet at the end of each month to determine donations & sponsorships.
- Contributions must be made to non-profit organizations. (Organization may be asked to provide a government-issued non-tax identification number). In general, support is given to organizations which provide for the health, education (including art and culture) and welfare needs of our members and potential members.
- Consideration for sponsorship will be based on funds availability.
- LLCU may make donations of money, property or services.
- We will notify organization only if approved.
The following requests will not be considered:
- LLCU will not contribute to religious organizations because of the spiritual diversity of our membership with the exception of Christian schools in the counties we serve.
- LLCU will not contribute to organizations or causes that do not impact the LLCU service area.
- LLCU will not make donations to individuals. Examples not considered for sponsorships: trips, beauty pageants, sports programs and walk-a-thons.
- LLCU will not make donations to sports teams and leagues unless LLCU receives name recognition by way of program advertising, arena signage or advertisement on uniforms.*
- No religious organization will be permitted to solicit contributions on LLCU property (i.e., posters, message boards, etc.) unless permission is granted by CEO.
|*||Occasionally, LLCU will provide minimal support to functions such as golf outings in which a large percentage of the participants are LLCU members.|